The aims of the Art curriculum at Copthorne are to help pupils to:
- Become visually literate and able to use their artwork as a form of communication.
- Develop creative and technical skills to a high level.
- Develop aesthetic awareness.
- Learn about the contribution of Artists, Craftspeople and Designers to the world’s culture and progress, past and present.
- Offer constructive criticism and work cooperatively with others.
- Evaluate and modify their own work in the context of the school and the wider community.