Welcome to Copthorne Prep School
Copthorne Prep School offers full or weekly boarding from Year 5 upwards (10 years of age).
Application Procedure and Entrance Tests
- Agents (or parents) should contact the Registrar (Kathryn Billingham-West) in the first instance to inquire about space.
- All candidates are required to sit standard Copthorne entry assessments, and these can be emailed to agents to be completed in their home country.
- All candidates are then required to have a Skype interview with the Headmaster.
- Following these two assessments, a place may be offered.
- For pupils joining us from outside the European Union, we are able to sponsor an application for a Tier 4 study visa, in our role as a Highly Trusted Sponsor with the UK Border Agency.
English Levels Required for Entry
Although the school can provide additional assistance for students who have English as an additional language, a basic level of spoken English is required as a minimum standard before a place is offered.
Requirements for Interviews
All students will have a Skype interview with the Headmaster, to check levels of spoken English and to find out more about the abilities and interests of all students.
Deadlines for Applications
Students are usually registered at least 2/3 months before they join as it sometimes takes this long to process visa applications etc. The school is happy to consider late applications but students cannot join until all the visa requirements are met.
If you feel that Copthorne Prep is the right school, the next stage in the admissions process is to complete and return our International Registration Form. This should be returned to the Registrar together with a non-refundable fee of £200 per family. (Our bank details are NatWest: Sort Code 60.06.20, Account no 31370322. Swift and IBAN details for international bank transfers are GB09NWBK 60062031370322)
Upon receipt, your form and payment will be acknowledged by letter and the registrar will remain in touch with you to guide you through the next stages of the admissions process.