Copthorne Prep School has an outstanding reputation for helping children successfully gain entry into the senior school of their choice and many of these children enter with scholarships. Last year 58% of our Year 8 children received scholarships to their next schools and 100% of children were successful at gaining a place in their first choice school. On average, over the last 13 years, every child has got into their first choice school and over 50% have done this with a scholarship.
In order to maintain and enhance this impressive record, we offer scholarships for outstanding children who excel academically, or have a particular talent in music, sport, art, chess or drama. A combination of strengths could result in an all-rounder scholarship.
Academic scholarships may be sat by children who are currently in Year 2 for entry into the Prep School for the following academic year. Art, Music, Sport, Chess, Drama or All-Rounder Scholarships can be sat by children currently Year 4 or above.
Scholarship success brings a small financial discount for the parents and kudos for the child, but it also brings a sense of expectation that they will leave Copthorne at the end of Year 8 with a scholarship to their senior school.
The Scholarship Booklet provides more information.
Key Dates & Important Information for 2019
- If a child is not a current pupil, you must complete a registration form and return it along with the non-refundable fee of £50, together with the scholarship application form.
- Deadline for ALL scholarship applications – Friday, 14 December 2018
- Academic Scholarship, External candidates – Round 1 on Saturday, 2 February 2019
- Academic Scholarship, Internal Candidates selected to participate in Round 2 will be notified in the week commencing Monday, 4 February 2019
- Academic Scholarship – all successful Round 2 candidates (including internal candidates) – the week commencing 4 March 2019
- Art/Music/Drama/Sport/Chess/All-Rounder Assessments will be held at Copthorne in the weeks commencing 28 January or 4 February 2019
Please contact our admissions department for more information about our scholarships. email@example.com