We are proud of the opportunities Copthorne offer from rugby and netball to climbing and kayaking that allow every one of our children to discover enriching pursuits that will suit their developing abilities and interests.
Our role as educators is to help children to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning must always be secondary to taking part and being a good sport despite what some parents think!
Enjoy watching your children play but please observe the “Code of Conduct” for spectators and parents at all times.
- Remember that children play for FUN
- Applaud effort and good play as well as success
- Always respect the match officials’ decisions
- Remain outside the field of play
- Let the coach do their job and do not confuse the players by telling them what to do
- Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
- Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour