Please find below a brief list of the topics that your child will cover in the Autumn term. The list is by no means set in stone but I hope it will give you some idea as to what is being covered.
- English: Speaking and Listening. Comprehension. Creative writing. Reading Grammar. Punctuation. Spelling and Vocabulary. Handwriting. Dictation.
Class Reader: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by CS Lewis.The Borrowers by Mary Norton.
- Maths: Add, multiply, divide, subtract, fractions, decimals, 2D shapes, measure, estimation, special numbers, inequalities, product, sum, area averages and perimeter.
- Science: Healthy lifestyles. Changes of state.
- French: Greeting people in French Introducing yourself Simple classroom vocabulary. Talking about where you live Numbers 1-70 Talking about your family & home. Introduction to the verb “être” Animals Colours Adjectival agreement Introduction to the verb “avoir”
- Geography: Water processes. River Danube and River Tyne. Coastlines and the problems of coastal management. Settlement and services.
- History: The Tudors: Henry VII takes control. Henry VIII. Youth, appearance and hobbies. The Six wives of Henry VIII.
- R.E: David. Sikhism