How Copthorne promotes imagination, confidence and happiness
Copthorne’s Coach House Nursery is where your child will learn to learn. And as a parent of a 2-4 year old you will appreciate just how much learning there is to do! Amid the sea of waterproofs and Wellington boots you will find children using their imaginations, being absorbed by new experiences and generally having fun. These are the foundations on which Copthorne has been built and they prepare children well for the Pre-Prep years.
My child always looks forward to going to nursery – she can’t wait to get there in the mornings.
— A current parent
The range of nursery activities is huge. Some, like dance, Spanish and football, are optional. Others, like swimming, Forest Schools, music and French, are all part of the curriculum …depending on your child’s age. With all that’s going on your child will be spoilt for choice. The only choice you have to make is how often your child attends. This is entirely up to you. The minimum is two mornings a week for the younger children and three mornings a week for the ‘Rising 4’s’. You can also take advantage of after-school care until 6pm.
Other things you will want to know
- We have 2 classes: Acorns for 2 – 3½ year olds and Oaks for 3½ year olds to Rising 4’s.
- The ratio of staff to children is 1:4 to age 3; and 1:8 for 3-4 year olds
- We keep you informed about your child’s behaviour on a regular and informal basis
- We have an open door policy – please talk to us whenever you need to
- We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum focusing on personal, social and emotional development, physical development and communication and language
- Good manners and social skills are very important to us
- We use grown-up cutlery at meal times and we cater for special diets
- Our staff will help with toilet training and change nappies & wet pants!
- The school day starts at 8.00am and finishes after lunch at 12.15pm or at the end of the afternoon session at 3:30pm
- For busy parents, wrap around care is available from 7.30am to 6:00pm
- The Nursery is open 48 weeks per year: 34 weeks of term-time plus 14 weeks of holiday care
- We accept the Early Years Entitlement
Please get in touch for more information.