Our vision is a single school which places the development of character at the heart of its education and ensures that all children are given an education for life.
Copthorne Prep has developed an outstanding reputation for helping children to realise their full potential. By providing opportunities for all to succeed, children leave us as confident individuals, well prepared for their progression to senior schools of their choice. We inspire all our pupils to become lifelong learners, responsible global citizens and be the very best that they can be.
We strive to
- Instil a desire for excellence in all areas of learning, celebrating effort as well as achievement
- Offer a well-considered, stimulating curriculum which provides opportunities for children to be challenged, to be curious and to develop as independent learners
- Support talented and enthusiastic staff who seek to enable children to fulfil their potential
- Provide a nurturing environment where all children are happy, valued and encouraged to develop as individuals
- Develop a strong sense of school community that is kind, inclusive and reflects the increasingly diverse and international dimension of school life
- Provide strong pastoral care based on traditional Christian values of mutual respect towards all members of the community
- Develop a partnership with pupils, parents and staff to promote a culture of trust, ambition and high achievement
Copthorne Prep’s mission is to develop confidence, provide opportunities and realise potential as well as promoting imagination and happiness in our pupils.